The St Kentigern’s Conference of the Society of St Vincent de Paul meets in the Parish Room every Sunday after 9.30 am Mass. Their main work is visiting people within the local community who may be lonely, sick, housebound or having problems. They provide a listening ear and, if appropriate, advice or material help. They are also happy to cooperate with other local groups and caring professionals.
Other Activities include:
- Providing an annual caravan holiday for a needy family
- Organising twice yearly Masses for the Sick
- Senior Citizens Summer Outing
- Senior Citizens Christmas Party
- Annually holding a fund raising Bring n’ Buy sale for their twin conference in Kerala, India.
They also support:
- the Fresh Start Starter Pack Service which provides new tenants who have been homeless with essential items to set up a new home.
- the local Foodbank by organising food collections from parishioners.
St Kentigern’s is a Parish of the Archdiocese of St Andrews and Edinburgh, registered charity No. SCO08540